Hi, if you are searching for a solution on how to do a Hard Factory Reset on JioFi-4 Router, then you have landed on the right blog post. In this blog post, I will share with you how you can easily perform a hard factory reset on your JioFi-4 4G router. Usually, we have to choose this option when we forget the WiFi password.
JioFi-4 is a great portable router where you just need to insert any Jio SIM and then it starts working and you can carry it anywhere and share 4G data across all of your network devices as a hotspot.
When you will buy this JioFi-4 router, you will get to see the SSID and Password are labeled in the box and also inside the router. You have to use these passwords for the first-time login to your router admin profile (Control Panel) and change the default passwords of the router’s control panel and WiFi.
But if you ever forget the password that you set before, you have to do a Hard Factory Reset on JioFi-4 Router. This factory reset will set all passwords (WiFi+ Control Panel) of your JioFi-4 to its default passwords.
Once you have successfully performed the hard factory reset on the JioFi-4 router, you need the default passwords to connect its WiFi to your Laptop, PC, or Mobile phone. After connecting to the network, go to this address, http://jiofi.local.html, and type ‘administrator‘ as username and password. After logging in to your router control panel, you can now set your desired passwords and WiFi name.
Enough talk about the JioFi router and its passwords. Now let’s get to know about how to do a Hard Factory Reset on JioFi-4 Router
How to do a Hard Factory Reset on JioFi-4 Router
To do a Hard Factory Reset on JioFi-4 Router, follow these steps
- Take your JioFi router and you will see there are two buttons, one is a power button and another one is a WPS button.
- If your router is off, then simply just turn it on.
- When the router is on, then press these two buttons (Power + WPS) simultanously until all the lights get turned off.
- Then release the press and you will see all the lights are blinking with blue, green and red colors.
- This indicates that the factory reset is processing.
- You don’t have to do anything now.
- When all the lights stop blinking, then check WiFi on your Laptop, or Mobile phone. There must be an WiFi with SSID JioFi4_XXXXXX
- That’s it. Here you go. Just connect to this network with its default passwords.
I hope after reading this post, you will definitely be able to do a hard factory reset on your JioFi-4. If you have anything to ask regarding this process, you can drop a comment below. I would love to respond to you to solve your issue.